Fun, exciting, and revolutionary… when was the last time you heard someone describe teacher professional development like that?
If you’re familiar with EdCamps, then the answer is probably all the time!
EdCamps, a new trend in professional development, are popping up all over the place.
Once you read these top 10 reasons to attend an EdCamp, it’s easy to see why they are so popular!
Top 10 Reasons You Should Attend an EdCamp:
1. You’re someone who is passionate about education and wants to have a powerful learning experience.
2. You are tired of expensive conferences led by people who are out of touch with classrooms and what teachers actually need.
3. You think professional development should be participant-driven, engaging, and most of all – fun!
4. You recognize the importance of collaboration and love learning from your peers.
5. You support having a level playing field between attendees and presenters. Everyone should be equal and can take an active role in discussions.
6. You appreciate the idea of “voting with your feet”. When sessions don’t meet your needs, you can get up and attend a different one!
7. You value free attendance, flexible agendas, and local networking opportunities.
8. You love receiving information that can immediately be applied in your classroom and professional life.
9. You understand that EdCamps are attendee-driven, so you should offer to lead sessions, vote on proposed topics, and actively participate in each session you attend.
10. You know that the future of professional development relies on teacher-to-teacher collaboration.